- Position status: Filled
- Type: Seasonal, Volunteer
We are looking for a couple or individual to act as a Camp Host/Caretaker at our field camp in beautiful Professor Valley near Moab, UT. Occupancy can run from March through end of October. Caretaker must vacate during winter months. We will provide an RV with utilities. There is water, electric and septic on site. Caretaking duties are expected in exchange for living space and utilities at 6 hours week/flexible hours. Duties include basic camp maintenance such as weeding and basic security of the camp. If the applicant is interested in our field camp cook positions or other paid positions please look at our other open positions.
The camp is located about half an hour outside of Moab, UT, and less than a mile from the Colorado River. The host(s) will support CFI field staff in orienting groups. Summer is low use time and so host must be comfortable with solitude. Starting Labor Day through early November there are weekly groups, mostly middle school. CFI to provide basic first aid and food handler course if not already certified; must pass a background check to work with children.
- Manual labor experience and willing attitude
- Customer service skills
- Related work experience is a plus
- Basic First Aid/CPR certification (1 day course) or obtain within 14 days of start.
- Some tools provided but may want own
Requirements to submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Summary of Experience
- 3 references: name, email, phone
- Copy of driver’s license
- Motor vehicle report (current within 1 year)
- Declare any felony conviction
Candidates will be contacted for interviews