Food Service / Commissary Manager
- Position status: Now Hiring
Help CFI provide healthy and nutritious meals to our students and participants. Be a part of CFI’s mission to provide quality outdoor education on the Colorado Plateau, to inspire care of wild places and renew the human spirit.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Food Service/Commissary Manager are oversight and management of the commissary and food service systems. This may include: running menus (from an existing program), ordering & shopping of food and supplies, packing food for programs, inventory & stocking, maintaining proper food management standards and sanitation, assisting with training new staff on food service standards and methodology, and improving our own systems, menus, and operations. Other duties may include: program support & shuttle driving. (Note: there may also be additional field/guide work available in some circumstances).
The job is budgeted for an average of 30 hours/week during our busiest months (mid-March through mid-June, and mid-August through mid-October). Exact schedule is subject to actual programming needs. Other work may be available and assigned during slower summer months.
Pay rate TBD, dependent on experience, paid on an hourly basis.
- Previous experience in commercial food service.
- Strongly prefer experience in outfitting & camp/field related food service.
- Must have an employment history demonstrating flexibility, good communication, and teamwork skills.
- Current state authorized Food Handler’s Certification (not to expire before November 2019)
- 21 years of age from start date.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the US (social security number, work visa, etc.)
Additional Requirements Prior To Start Date:
- Upgrade to Food Manager’s Certification (CFI can pay for this)
- Driver’s License – valid and current.
- Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) – must show a “clean” driving record, with no major moving violations within the last three years.
- DOT Medical Exam – current with the last two years.
Applicants should visit the CFI website (www.cfimoab.org) to see “who we are & what we do”, our mission statement, and images of the facility and our programs.
TO APPLY – please submit the following to email@example.com :
- Cover Letter
- Three references (include name, email, phone). Note that at least two should be employment related.
- A copy of your driver’s license
- Copies of any related certifications & licenses you have (MVR, Food Hander’s, First Aid, etc.)
- Declare any felony convictions
PLEASE NOTE: Eligible candidates will be contacted for interviews after January 1, 2019.
CFI is an equal opportunity employer.