Membership Coordinator – Part Time
- Position status: Now Hiring
- Type: Part time, year round
- Pay: Starting $14.50-$15.50/hour
- Benefits: Supporting our educational mission, accompanying unique donor trips once/year, visiting youth programs, access to gear pro deals.
- Note: 20-21 hours week, schedule negotiable, weekdays
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Membership Coordinator
DATE OF DESCRIPTION: January, 2018
POSITION TO START: When filled, ideally in late January
CLASSIFICATION: hourly, part-time, 20-21/hours week average
HOURS: Negotiable, half days or several full days
Non paid lunch break; holiday closures not paid. For training and orientation, will accompany field staff on a few sample programs on paid status, may involve overnight away from home. Year round. Must be able to work most of the winter months for year-end giving projects.
Part-time Membership Coordinator and assistant to Executive Director. The Membership Coordinator will work to increase national and local membership and business sponsorships to support school/youth programs and young adult professional opportunities such as internships. Handles overall donor cultivation, donor tracking, donor database, donor recognition and donor communications in collaboration with Executive Director, Marketing/Communications, and webmaster. Coordinates several public relation and fundraising events each year. Serve on CFI marketing/fundraising committee with board members to develop fundraising strategies, plans, and events. This position has growth potential in all areas of non-profit development work; responsibilities and hours may increase after one year.
Occasional “other duties” as assigned including handling program reservations or shuttle driver as an alternate. Other than regular work days, could work one weekend day/month for an event or office rotation. Needs to qualify for CFI vehicle insurance coverage (see below.)
* Individual is resident of Grand or San Juan County and is familiar with the region and desires to work in our small business, non-profit setting in support of CFI’s mission. Previous experience with nonprofit and outdoor education is helpful. This is an “office” job. The person should be reliable, prompt and have the flexibility to work an occasional extra hour during spring and fall. The person should be able to go on one multi-night CFI trip per year and visit school/ youth programs near Moab to become familiar with our mission and develop donor relationships.
* High school diploma; prefer some college or degree in related subject.
* Strong people skills for event work.
* Very strong computer and technical skills, previous experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Quickbooks and Access experience preferred or will train. Require excellent keyboard typing skills with accuracy at 40 words per minute; provide typing test certificate or equivalent with 85% accuracy. Very proficient at internet use and research.
* Accuracy with paper hard copy file management and attention to detail essential.
* Readable handwriting for personal thank you notes.
* Excellent verbal communication skills including telephone etiquette, proper use of grammar, and speech clarity. Technical and persuasive writing experience. Should be able to write in a compelling and concise manner.
* Active listening skills – he/she should be able to listen to what other people say and ask questions as appropriate to provide service or referral.
* Professional and healthy physical presence for representing an outdoor education business.
* Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, meet deadlines and work with established protocols, lists, and filing systems.
* Good driving record (no DUI within 3 years or no more than three moving violations), at least 21 years of age or older/ ability to be insured by CFI insurance; must provide MVR as part of an application packet.
* Utah fingerprint clearance to work in association with children; must complete within 14 days of hire at CFI expense.
* Must reside/have housing within 45 minutes of Moab, prefer someone who is familiar with the region and diverse Moab cultures and seasonal flux.
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS: Will require 4- 6 plus hours/day at desk doing computer work; additional time in meetings, facility help or library research. Some lifting required up to 30 lbs.
Supervised by the Executive Director.
STARTING PAY: $14.50-$15.50
60 day conditional and training period.
Pay checks processed 1st and 15th of month or first business day thereafter, checks mailed or direct deposit.
Initial training over one week, additional as needed throughout year. Regular pay for training. If on field program, paid at 10 hours/day. May choose to use our QuickBooks software after hours to practice tutorials on own time. Additional development related conferences and webinars may be attended within work plan and budget.
OBJECTIVES: Specific objectives and annual projects will be discussed in interview.
To apply, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please no drop-ins or phone calls as we are busy with clients!) OR you may MAIL the application to P.O. Box 68, Moab, UT 84532.
- short cover letter
- 3 References: name, email, phone, relationship. At least should be 2 employment-related
- Results of any online typing test
- copy of driver’s license
- motor vehicle report (current within 1 year)
- declare any felony conviction
Candidates will be contacted for interviews. All applicants eventually notified of hiring decision.
CFI is an equal opportunity employer.