- Position status: Now Hiring
- Type: Seasonal, spring and summer, 2017
- Pay: Based on experience and qualifications
- Schedule: May and April, and some possibility of work in March, and June.
- Note: This is listing is for licensed, certified, and qualified guides, with previous multi-day experience on specified river stretches
River/Raft Guides will work mostly multi-day programs during our spring season. Main duties will include: guiding rafts (and/or canoes), cooking (and shopping), rigging and de-rigging, shuttle driving, maintenance and repairs, etc. Group sizes are generally from 6 to 36 participants, and will include both youth/student groups and adults. Multi-day trips are generally between 2 and 6 days, and would require being “in the field”. Some single day programs would be included as well.
Applicants are expected to be fully licensed and experienced guides, with previous experience on the stretches of river we work on (although they may work for one or two programs as a swamper – at training rate compensation – in order to gain experience on a given stretch). Furthermore, they may be scheduled as “Trip Leaders” on some programs, and need to be capable of doing so.
Regular housing (when not in the field) would not be provided,. Meals would be provided during actual programming and while in the field.
Pay rate TBD, dependent on actual duties performed and experience.
Season beginning/ending dependent on actual bookings – starting April 1 and going through May 31 (although there is a possibility of extension).
* Minimum age of 21
* Current Utah River Guide/Captain’s License
* Current Wilderness First Responder (or other 40+ hour equivalent), including CPR and general First Aid
* Utah Food Handler’s certificate
* Clean driving record (MVR required with application)
* Previous experience working in guiding, outfitting, etc.
To apply, please submit to email@example.com (Please no drop-ins or phone calls as we are busy with clients)
* Cover letter
* 3 references: name, email, phone. At least 2 should be employment related
* Copy of driver’s license
* Motor vehicle report (current within 1 year)
* Declare any felony convictions
Candidates will be contacted for interviews.
CFI is an equal opportunity employer.