Summer Teen Guide Training
- Position status: Now Hiring
- Type: One or more weeks in July for teens entering 10th through 12th grades
- Note: For teens entering 10th-12th grades
Have fun! Be adventurous and active! Earn money! Gain job experience and build your résumé!
Apply for Summer Guide Training for CFI’s Explorer Base Camp out of Moab, Utah. Earn money, learn, and work alongside two CFI Naturalist Guides as we lead kids in 5th -8th grades through a four day, three night camp. You’ll escape the summer heat in the La Sal Mountains then have a cool day of rafting the Colorado River ‘Daily’ stretch. The position is designed for teens interested in becoming professional guides or outdoor educators. This experience is useful for anyone who wants to practice leadership skills and gain job experience. Apply today! Download the application below.
The Guide In Training will learn and practice:
- Leadership and safety skills
- Outdoor education techniques
- River rafting skills
- Mountain and desert ecology and natural history
- Basic trip logistics
- Camping and outdoor skills
Requirements and Application Process:
Teens must be entering 10th – 12th grades. Complete Guide-In-Training Application and return to CFI Office or Grand County High School Main Office. We prefer applicants who can work both sessions but will consider applicants for single sessions.
$100 intern stipend per camp