Rent the Professor Valley Field Camp at Taylor Ranch for Your Group Retreat- April through October
The primary purpose of our Professor Valley Field Camp is to host student and youth groups for outdoor education learning experiences. When not in use for student groups, the field camp is available to educational and family groups to rent as a facility for field trips, workshops and retreats. You can’t beat the PRIVACY, BEAUTY and QUIET of Professor Valley. This is camping but with some basic facilities provided.
During our peak weeks of Outdoor Science School in spring and fall, weekends are available (Friday evenings through Monday mornings.) During summer and either early spring or late fall, the camp could be available weekdays as well. Fees are based on minimum of 15 people i.e. 15 paid spots. There is ONE FREE spot for one group organizer once the 15 minimum is met.
There are two restrooms with flush toilets and outdoor wash sinks. There is a large metal barn for storage and inclement weather and an outdoor kitchen with sinks, picnic tables and camp stove. There are 12 teepees with cots (16 ft size with three cots and 20 ft size with 5 cots each) and one 24 ft diameter yurt as classroom with 40 folding chairs. We do not allow visitor pets at our Field Camp; there are pet boarding options in Moab.
We offer two plans, both with CFI staff Naturalist Guide on site as host/ educator plus a camp caretaker. The “with meals” plan adds a CFI camp cook and assistant depending on the group size.
Plan I – WITH MEALS
- Fees: $110/night for first 20 people then each additional person $60 person/night. There is one free spot for the group organizer once the 20 minimum is paid.
- Maximum occupancy: 60 persons. Our fee structure is based on a minimum of 20 persons.
- Deposit/Payment: Deposit is the equivalent of the fees for 5 persons and is non-refundable. The balance is due 14 days prior to the rental period.
Occupancy begins between 4 pm and 5 pm on the first day of the rental period. All visitors should arrive no later than 5:30 pm for orientation and an orientation tour, etc. Groups should depart after lunch on the last day (approx. 2 pm). We can make a “box/sack” lunch to take with you if you prefer on the last day.
Groups need to submit a list of people, food and medical concerns prior to rental period. For groups with students under 18 years of age, we require CFI registration/risk forms signed by parent/guardians in advance.
Retreat rental with meals includes:
- 3 meals, 2 snacks, we can work with your requests on food within reason and given our remote location. Our standard recipes provide for non meat vegetarian choice at all meals.
- tips and sleeping cots (sleeping bags are available for rent for an additional fee). Tipis have natural earthen floor, bring a tarp for your “floor.”
- Half hour camp orientation/tour and a 1-2 hour “naturalist” program on site or near the site (Introduction to Colorado Plateau Geography, Geology overview, Night Sky Interpretation, Plant & Wildlife Signs Walk are options.
- Two CFI staff: Naturalist and Cook
Guests are asked to take turns in kitchen as cook’s helper and to do their own dishes in a dish line. Our staff does the pots, pans and kitchen clean up.
We also offer other services such as pre- or post-trip all day guided hikes, van tours or river trips for an additional fee. Contact us about camp rental.
Plan II – WITH OUT MEALS
Bring your own food in coolers and animal proof boxes and have use of our outdoor camp kitchen, half of the barn space, classroom yurt, picnic tables, pots and pans and table service or you may opt to bring your own set up for the kitchen. Cleaning supplies provided. CFI staff Naturalist Guide and camp caretaker on site to provide facility orientation, keep things running and offer an optional program/walk; we ask that you feed our guide with your group!
- Fees: $50/night for first 20 people then each additional person $18/night. There is one free spot for the group organizer once the 20 minimum is met.
Deposit/Payment policies are the same as Plan II.