- ONE complimentary (free) adult per group with the minimum of 15 students met and SECOND adult at HALF fee; all other adults pay full fee no matter group size. BLM special use fees still apply to all adults.
- No more than six adults with each school group, please.
- On land programs, we require 1 chaperone per 12 students; on river programs, at least two chaperones per group.
Our school programs vary so please check each type of trip as to what type of transportation is included. Additional bus services can be hired with notice.
You arrange transportation to our camp or river launch site or trail head. CFI fees listed for multiday river trips cover shuttle of two school vehicles or a hired bus to transport your entire group back to the launch point. Additional school vehicles can be shuttled for $100/vehicle. For DAY river trips near Moab, CFI works with your drivers to shuttle all vehicles, included in fee.
For your own travel planning, see our web page sections, Moab Travel and Group Travel pages recommended ways of getting to our locations (bus charter companies, van rentals, train etc.)
Call CFI to discuss your group’s goals, age/grade, transportation plans, time frame, and budget. Begin planning early to reserve your preferred date, our calendar fills quickly. We have a small group of highly qualified staff. Spring reservations (April-June) are requested by March 1. Fall reservations (August 15-October 30) are requested by July 1. We can accept later reservations, subject to our staff availability. See below on early bird discounts! Please note that a paid deposit is required to hold your reservation; the deposit is equal to 5 student fees and is non-refundable.
- To secure your reservation for a trip within next 12 months, we request a non-refundable deposit equal to 5 student fees
- Once you decide on program, we invoice you and must receive payment by credit card only within 10 days (Visa, Master Card, American Express or Discover).
- For reservations for trips more than 1 year out, we ask for 1 student fee, with additional deposit of 4 fees 6 months prior.
- Upon receipt of your deposit, we send a contract, program materials and forms.
- Final payments & forms due 14 days prior, if not late fees apply.
For reservations made less than 60 days, we request final numbers at the time of reservation. Payment may be made by credit card or check and are due within 10 days of invoicing to secure the reservation.
Upon receipt of your deposit, CFI will send program brochures with registration/assumption of risk forms, what to bring list, maps and chaperone information. For multiday trips, we request final numbers 60 days prior and for day trips, 30 days prior to assist our staffing and supply requisitions.
- EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT! We offer ONE PARTICIPANT FREE when deposit for spring reservation is paid by October 15 and fall reservation is paid by May 15.
- Scholarships available for public and Indian Reservation schools. Starting in 2014, we are using a tiered system for discounts based on the percent of students in the school on Federal Free & Reduced Lunch and limited by annual balance in our CFI Scholarship Fund.
Larger School/Youth Groups:
Our public lands and river permits LIMIT GROUP size for our locations; if you have a larger (greater than 40) group, please inquire how CFI can accommodate you through simultaneous trips in different locations, sequential programs or simultaneous programs.