Get Them on the River!
CFI’s River PRograms offer a wide range of possibilities for your school or youth organization, at every age from elementary through college. Our river curriculum offers hands-on science, river skills, and learning about connections between themselves and the environment.
Our School & Youth Group River Trip Guides:
CFI River Guides and Instructors are strong teachers and naturalists. They are college educated, trained in the natural and cultural history of the Colorado Plateau and are Utah licensed guides. Additionally, our guides and instructors are certified in wilderness first aid and CPR.
Watercraft Used on Our School & Youth Group River Trips:
The type of watercraft used on a particular river trip will depend on the river, season, water level and age and/or abiltiies of the students as a group. Possible craft include:
- Inflatable kayaks (summer only)
- Canoes (Labyrinth Canyon on the Green River)
Some stretches of the rivers have LIMITED access with assigned launch dates by the BLM. Other stretches have more flexibility in dates.
School & Youth Group River Trip Fees Include:
- All meals
- Lunch first day to Lunch on last day
- Shuttle Service – We shuttle two of your school vehicles to the takeout. Additional vehicles at $50-100 each OR we hire a bus to pick you up and return you to the starting point. Shuttle arrangements vary by location and may be on first day, last day or both
- Government Fees – except where special additional per person fees are noted
- All river gear including river bags for personal gear.
As a not-for-profit organization, we add no additional taxes to your fees.
- Tents & sleeping gear or you can rent these from CFI
School & Youth Group River Trips Lengths:
All River Trips start at the launch point at 10:30am on the first day, and end at the takeout at 2:00pm on the last day. We offer trips in the following lengths:
- 2 Nights / 3 Days
- 3 Nights / 4 Days
- 4 Nights / 5 Days
- 5 Nights / 6 Days
- 6 Nights / 7 Days
Note: We do not offer single overnight river trips due to logistical expense and desired time for teaching and student involvement. Click Here for information about our One Day School River Trips
School & Youth Group River Trip Fees:
- Fees are based on a 12 student minimum
- ONE Chaperone is free once the minimum is met
Minimum Number of Chaperones per Group as Follows:
- Two for elementary through high school
- One for college groups
Some rivers have additional BLM special per person fees as noted for each trip. See specific river trip for maximum group sizes (includes chaperones)