Choose CFI for Private, Custom Utah Trips for Your Family or Group
Planning a private custom trip in red rock country can be complicated, but Canyonlands Field Institute is not your average commercial outfitter and we strive to make it simple for you. CFI can customize your trip or retreat to fit your group or family’s interests and dates. Permitted across the Colorado Plateau CFI can help you develop the perfect outdoor experience. You’ll leave us with a deeper knowledge of this spectacular region we call home and take along wonderful lasting memories of your time with us.
Who are private custom trips for?
- Families looking for a fun, active, involved, and meaningful vacation with more educational depth than a commercial trip might offer
- Groups that want a spectacular backdrop for their get-togethers
- Adults and friends looking for unique, exciting, and inclusive outdoor adventure with a little less adrenaline
- Corporate teams or Boards of Trustees seeking an inspirational retreat environment
- Nonprofit organizations or clubs looking for a new kind experience to create common ground and deepen bonds.
Custom River Trips
CFI’s single-day or multi-day private, custom trips on SE Utah’s red rock canyon rivers include peaceful flatwater floats and exciting whitewater. Choose between the Colorado River through the Ruby to Horsethief section, the wet and wild rapids of Westwater Canyon, or the inspiring vistas on the Fisher Towers stretch near Moab. We also lead scenic multi-day float trips on the Green and Upper and Lower San Juan River Canyon.
Custom Land Trips
Our land-based private, custom trips take you hiking with pack stock support in the Navajo Mountain and Rainbow Bridge area in Southeastern Utah, Range Creek archeological site in east-central Utah, and other custom camping excursions. We can also plan a Moab area hotel package with visits to local sites and national park excursions for your group. You can also camp with the support of CFI staff at our rustic and beautiful Professor Valley Field Camp.