The following important information will help you plan a river trip for your group.
Watercraft Used on Our School & Youth Group River Trips:
The type of watercraft used on a particular river trip will depend on the river, season, water level and age and/or abilities of the students as a group. Possible crafts include:
- Inflatable kayaks (summer only)
- Canoes (Labyrinth Canyon on the Green River)
Some stretches of the rivers have limited access with assigned launch dates by the BLM. Other stretches have more flexibility in dates.
School & Youth Group River Trip Fees Include:
- All meals
- Lunch first day to lunch on last day
- Shuttle Service – We shuttle two of your school vehicles to the takeout. Additional vehicles at $50-100 each OR we hire a bus to pick you up and return you to the starting point. Shuttle arrangements vary by location and may be on the first day, last day, or both.
- Government Fees – except where special additional per person fees are noted
- All river gear including river bags for personal gear.
As a not-for-profit organization, we add no additional taxes to your fees.
- Tents & sleeping gear or you can rent these from CFI.
School & Youth Group River Trips Lengths:
All River Trips start at the launch point at 10:30 am on the first day and end at the takeout at 2:00 pm on the last day. We offer trips in the following lengths:
- 1 Night / 2 Days
- 2 Nights / 3 Days
- 3 Nights / 4 Days
- 4 Nights / 5 Days
- 5 Nights / 6 Days
- 6 Nights / 7 Days
School & Youth Group River Trip Fees:
- Fees are based on a 12 student minimum
- Required chaperones receive 50% discount.
Minimum Number of Chaperones per Group:
- Two for elementary through high school
- One for college groups
Some rivers have additional BLM special per person fees as noted for each trip. See specific river trip for maximum group sizes (includes chaperones).