Historic Salt Lake City is located 234 miles northwest of Moab. It is a 4 hour drive non-stop between Moab and Salt Lake City. If flying is your preferred method of travel, SLC International services 15 major airlines and has an outstanding reputation for top-notch performance. Salt Lake City also has all the amenities of a major city. If you are traveling from a great distance, might we suggest that you fly to Salt Lake City and come to Moab from there?
Many airlines offer competitive group pricing and discounts. We have listed the advantages of several of the more major airlines in the west. Please be sure to look into the respective polices of your airline carrier before you purchase tickets. Sidestep.com is a great resource for getting discounted tickets.
- Southwest Airlines
- Any party of 10 or more is eligible for group discount.
- For every 40 persons, receive one free ticket.
- American Airlines
- Incentives for groups of 10 or more.
- Discounts can range from 40-70%, see details.
- Groups are eligible for Self Service Check-In
- 1-800-433-7300, 7 days a week
- Continental Airlines
- Discounts available for groups of 10 or more.
- Priority status on check-in, boarding, and baggage claim
- If applicable (varies from airport to airport), a group coordinator to assist your group at the airport.
- Delta Airlines
- Group discount carries with it a minimal number of 10, and a cap of 60% of the Coach/Economy Class cabin.
- Children’s discounts will not apply.
- Misc. ticketing requirements please see Delta’s web page for more details and specifics.
- Frontier Airlines
- MIDWEST Airlines
- Group discount available for parties of 8 or more.
- For every 30 paid passengers, the 31st flies free (blackout dates may be applicable).
- Reserved Seating
- ***Please note: MIDWEST Airlines does not fly from all major Airports. Please contact MIDWEST for more flight info.
- U.S. Airways
- Contact U.S. Airways for domestic group rates. Phone 877-USGROUPS or E-mail at Group travel requests.
- United Airlines
- Group discount for parties of 10 or more.
- For every 30 paid passengers, the 31st flies free.
- Additional savings with AVIS and BUDGET available.
Recommended for those traveling from the San Francisco region. Amtrak offers several discounts, as well as a comfortable and scenic ride to your destination. Because the Amtrak hub is in Chicago, we would suggest Salt Lake City via Amtrak for those west of Utah. Please check to see if an Amtrak route would be convenient for you.
- On most Amtrak lines, children (ages 2-15) are given a 50% discount. This discount is only allowed for 2 children PER full price adult (2:1 ratio). Additional children are charged at full adult price.
- Student discounts are also available through studentadvantage with an appropriate discount card (15% off).
- Seniors 62+ receive 15% off (does not apply to sleeper cars; additional restrictions may apply)
- AAA members can also receive a discount. Please the Amtrak site for further details.
Recommended for small groups traveling from north of SLC within reasonable distance. Greyhound fares vary from season to season, destination to destination, and fuel price to fuel price. Please see the Greyhound website for an estimate for your travel time and fare.