Cedar Mesa / Comb Ridge Utah ArchaeologyStart my reservation →
Lodge-based, vehicle tours and short hikes - 2 Dates Available
- Where: Southeastern Utah – Cedar Mesa / Comb Ridge Areas
- When: April 13, 2014 through April 15, 2014
- When: October 10, 2014 through October 12, 2014
- Number of Days/Nights: 2 Nights 2 Days
- Time: Evening Day 1 through Afternoon Last Day
- Group Size: Minmum 4, maximum 8
- Age Group: Adults and Youth 16+
- Cost per Person: $530 Adult/youth 16+ plus $10 BLM Special Area Fees
- Deposit: $150 non-refundable, applies to total due
- Trip meets and ends in Bluff, UT
- Call to arrange a custom private trip for different dates for 2013.
- Click here to read our cancellation policy.
SPECIAL NOTE: The April 13-15 trip can be combined with the Navajo Mountain Culture and Archaeology trip, April 15-19, 2014 (this trip’s first night begins at Recapture Lodge in Bluff) for a total of 6 nights. Call us for more information: 800-860-5262 or 435-259-7750.
Unique opportunity to learn about Cedar Mesa and Comb Ridge “Deep History”
Learn about the Cedar Mesa and Comb Ridge area and its fascinating history that spans thousands of years. Explore the natural beauty of the landscape and side canyons, and learn about geology, desert ecology, and more during two days and two nights of guided tours. Trip begins and ends in Bluff, Utah.
The trip is based at Recapture Lodge in Bluff, Utah, with two night’s stay. Begins with evening seminar, followed by two days of field outings, mostly by van, with stops for hikes (2-3 miles round trip). Locations will include familiar and lesser known historical and archaeological sites in Butler and Comb Washes, Cedar Mesa side canyons, a spectacular drive along the Comb itself, and walking a portion of Posey’s Trail. In true CFI naturalist style, guides overview geography, observe plants, discuss native uses, and note anything else of interest!
Our trip group is kept small (minimum 4 and maximum 8 participants).
Trip fee includes two night’s lodging (double occupancy) and meals beginning with breakfast day 1 through lunch last day, plus permit fees and transportation. If you wish to reserve a single room, please do so in advance with a $60 single supplement. A part of your fee helps to underwrite our educational school programs.
The April 13-15 Cedar Mesa/Comb Ridge Utah Archaeology trip can be combined with the Navajo Mountain Culture and Archaeology trip, April 15-19, 2014. This trip begins with the first night at Recapture Lodge in Bluff with an additional three nights of hogan stay and camping for a total of 6 nights.