Cedar Mesa/Comb Ridge Archaeology
Lodge-based, vehicle tours and short hikes
- Where: Southeastern Utah – Cedar Mesa/Comb Ridge Area
- What months available: 2014 Trips - One weekend October, TBA, email us if you want to be notified: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Number of Days/Nights: 2 Days - 2 Nights
- Time: Evening Day 1 through Afternoon Last Day
- Group Size: Minmum 4, maximum 8
- Age Group: Adults and Youth 16+
- Cost per Person: $480 Adult/youth 16+ plus $5 BLM Special Area Fee
- Deposit: $150 non-refundable, applies to total due
- Trip meets and ends in Bluff, UT
- Call to arrange a custom private trip for different dates for 2013.
- Click here to read our cancellation policy.
Unique opportunity to learn about Cedar Mesa and Comb Ridge "Deep History"
You will learn fascinating history spanning thousands of area featuring Comb Ridge and Cedar Mesa. Explore side canyons and learn about geology, desert ecology and more during the two days and two nights of guided tours that start & end in Bluff, Utah.
A guest archeologist from the Comb Ridge Heritage project and area expert guide Tamara Desrosiers lead the trip.
Your trip bases at Recapture Lodge in Bluff, Utah, with one night stay and all meals included. The exploration tours are mostly by van with stops for hikes (2-3 miles round trip) along the way. Locations will include familiar and lesser known historical and archaeological sites in Butler and Comb Washes, Cedar Mesa side canyons, a spectacular drive along the Comb itself, and walking a portion of Posey's Trail. In true CFI naturalist style, guides overview geography, observe spring wildflowers and anything else of interest!
Our tour group is kept small (minimum 4 and maximum 8 participants).
Trip fee includes one night lodging (double occupancy) and meals beginning with breakfast day 1 through lunch last day, plus permit fees and transportation. If you wish to reserve a single room, please do so in advance with a $60 single supplement. A part of your fee helps to underwrite our educational school programs.