Cedar Mesa/Comb Ridge Archaeology
Lodge-based, vehicle tours and short hikes
- Where: Southeastern Utah – Cedar Mesa/Comb Ridge Area
- What months available: NEXT TRIP WILL BE IN 2014 - DATE TO BE DECIDED (email us at email@example.com if you are interested in being alerted when the date is set)
- Number of Days/Nights: 2 Days - 2 Nights
- Time: Evening Day 1 through Afternoon Last Day
- Group Size: Minmum 4, maximum 9
- Age Group: Adults and Youth 16+
- Cost per Person: $540 Adult/Teens 16+ plus $4 BLM Special Area Fee
- Deposit: $150 non-refundable, applies to total due
- Trip meets and ends in Bluff, UT
- Call to arrange a custom private trip for different dates for 2013.
- Click here to read our cancellation policy.
Unique opportunity to learn about Cedar Mesa and Comb Ridge "Deep History"
You will learn about the geology, plant life, and fascinating history of Comb Ridge and Cedar Mesa side canyons during the two days and two nights of guided tours that start & end in Bluff, Utah.
Your guides are Rebecca Martin and Tamara Desrosiers. Martin, holds advanced degrees in Anthropology and Intercultural Studies and has served as educator and guide many years for CFI, Four Corners School, Elderhostel and other organizations. Tamara did both lab and field work with the Comb Ridge Heritage Project and has over twenty five years experience guiding on Cedar Mesa, the San Juan River and in the Grand Canyon.
Your trip meets on the first evening at Recapture Lodge in Bluff, Utah for orientation. Lodging for two nights and meals from light reception first evening through lunch last day are included. The exploration tours are mostly by van with stops for short hikes along the way. Locations will include familiar and lesser known historical and archaeological sites in Butler and Comb Washes, Cedar Mesa side canyons, a spectacular drive along the Comb itself, and walking a portion of Posey's Trail. In true CFI naturalist style, guides overview geography, observe spring wildflowers and anything else of interest!
Our tour group is kept small (minimum 4 and maximum 9 participants).
Trip fee includes two nights lodging (double occupancy) and meals beginning with breakfast Saturday morning through lunch Sunday afternoon, permit fees and transportation. If you wish to reserve a single room, please do so in advance with a $120 single supplement. A part of your fee helps to underwrite our educational school programs.