Custom Ruby – Horsethief Colorado River Overnight
- Where: Loma to either Cisco or Westwater depending on age of participants
- What months available: Mid-May through Late October
- Number of Days/Nights: 3 days/3 nights OR 4 days/4 nights
- Age Group: Loma to Westwater Ranger Station for Adults and Youth 6 and over; Loma to Cisco (Includes Westwater Canyon) for Adults and Youth 12 and over
- Cost per Person: $220/day - Adult
- Cost per Person: $180/day - Youth 6-17 (must be 6 in month of trip - Loma to Westwater)
- Cost per Person: $180/day - Youth 12-17 (must be 12 in month of trip - Loma to Cisco)
- Cost per Person: $10 Loma-WWRS or $20 Loma-Cisco - BLM Special Area Fees/per person
Deposit $300 person applies to total fee.
4 person minimum (either adult or youth); 25 maximum; organizer goes free once minimum is met (BLM fees still apply to group organizer).
Includes motel stay in Grand Junction, Colorado, orientation the night before, and transportation to and from the river.
Whichever you choose, Loma to Westwater OR Loma to Cisco*, you'll experience the Colorado River and the best it has to offer!
Dramatic Red Sandstone towers rise above you as we float the mild waters of Horsethief and Ruby canyons. Camp in tents or under the stars while hearing stories and learning about Colorado River geology, history, and animal life from our naturalist-guides. Special nature art and games are planned for the kids. Our small group size, involvement of all in river camp life, and the enthusiasm, knowledge, and skill of our licensed naturalist-guides assure an unforgettable experience. We have lots of options on dates for this stretch.
* For those with children 12 and over, consider adding a night and day and include the exciting whitewater of Westwater Canyon. There are the 6 miles of exciting Class III-IV rapids like “Funnel Falls,” “Skull,” and “Sock-it-to-Me” to thrill even the veteran river runner. These help make Westwater one of the premiere whitewater stretches in the west. We run the rapids the last morning; enjoy a celebratory lunch and closing comments. We have limited launch dates from the BLM for Westwater so this option requires advance planning. This trip still starts with motel stay and orientation. This would make four nights total (first night motel and three-night trip on the river. Take out Cisco, Utah; CFI returns you to motel.
Nature of River Rafting
We will be in rafts between 14 and 18 feet long and in stable, inflatable kayaks affectionately called "duckies" (not through the Westwater Canyon stretch). Our participants are encouraged to learn to read the river, take a turn at the oars, and paddle the duckies solo or as a duo.