Moab Spring Break Camp – Sustainable You
Spring Break fun and learning in and around Moab
- Where: Moab, UT
- When: March 30, 2015 through April 02, 2015
- What months available:
Spring Break 2015
- Number of Days/Nights: 4 Days; 1 Overnight (weather-dependent)
- Time: Begins 8:30 a.m. Monday and ends 5:00 p.m. Thursday
- Group Size: Minimum 6 and Maximum 12
- Age Group: Students entering grades 5-8
- Deadline for Signup: 7 calendar days prior to trip date.
- Cost per Person: $150/per person - Students in Grand Co. Schools
- Cost per Person: $200/per person - All Others
- Deposit: $25 non refundable, applies to total due
- 10% Discount for sibling
- Additional SCHOLARSHIP assistance is available for qualifying local families, please inquire at CFI.
- Snacks and lunches are provided each day. All meals for overnight trip are provided.
- Click here to read our cancellation policy.
Sustainable You! Spring Break Camp in Moab is an exciting opportunity for kids in 5th through 8th grades to participate in an awesome learning adventure during spring break. This camp is for kids who want to be active, have fun and learn about our amazing backyard environment. Learn how we can improve it by investigating local waterways, the ways we travel, and how we deal with recycling and garbage.
Experience meaningful AND fun activities. Kids will develop a stronger sense of place, empowerment,and positive hope for the future of our natural environment.This program is led by Roslynn Brain, PhD, of the University of Utah in Moab. CFI Naturalist Guides that are extensively trained to work in our ongoing school environmental education programs will also be leading activities. They are 21 years and older and hold college degrees in related fields; they receive screening for Utah Educator’s Background Checks, have Wilderness Medicine and CPR certifications and are licensed Utah Guides.
- Monday: 9am -5pm, Drop off and pick up at USU Moab Campus
- Tuesday: 9am -5pm, Drop off and pick up at USU Moab Campus
- Wednesday: 9am, Drop off at USU Moab Campus for overnight trip (weather-dependent)
- Thursday: 4pm, Ceremony and Celebration (parents welcome); 5pm pick up at USU Moab Campus.
Roslynn Brain is an Assistant Professor, Sustainable Communities Extension Specialist in the Department of Environment and Society, College of Natural Resources at Utah State University. She uses conservation theory, communication techniques, and social marketing tools to foster environmental behaviors with a focus on waste reduction and local food movements. Roslynn developed and launched Extension Sustainability, a set of tools and information for the public to engage in sustainable behaviors. She also teaches Communicating Sustainability, has launched a statewide program to connect farmers with restaurants called Utah Farm-Chef-Fork, and she designs and co-teaches sustainability camps for kids in Utah.
For CFI scholarship/sliding fee information and to register for summer youth programs, contact us at 259-7750, (800) 860-5262 or send an email.
CFI is a licensed permitted outfitter with the USFS in the LaSal Mountains. We conduct school outdoor education programs in spring and fall for schools from around the country.
Thanks to our regional donors and business sponsors including Grand County Credit Union, Grand County Recreation S.S.D., Canyon Voyages Adventure Company and especially to Roslynn Brain, PhD, of USU Moab for program planning support.