Custom Upper San Juan River Multi-Day
- Where: Begins and ends in Bluff, UT with trip from Sand Island launch to Mexican Hat takeout.
- What months available:
Best months are mid April through early July and late August through late October.
- Number of Days/Nights: CFI recommends three or four days on this stretch of river ; we can do "just two" but that wont allow much time for exploring.
- Age Group: Adults and Children 6 years old and up
- Cost per Person: Based on trip length, minimum three day, three night (including first night motel)
- Cost per Person: $220/day - Adult
- Cost per Person: $180/day - Youth 6-17 (must be 6 in the month of trip)
- Cost per Person: $10 - BLM Special Area Fee applies to all persons
4 person minimum (adult or youth); 25 maximum; organizer goes free once minimum is met (BLM fee still applies to all persons).Fee includes motel stay double occupancy and orientation the night before launch, full river days with takeout about 2pm on the last day, delicious meals from breakfast at motel through lunch last day, and transportation to/from river.
Deposit (non refundable) $300 per person applies to total fee. (Deposit minimum is 4 x $300 = $1200.) Balance of payment in full is 30 days prior to trip.
Choose Your Dates and Explore the San Juan River with Your Family!
River Rafting, Kayaking, Camping and Hiking From Bluff to Mexican Hat, Utah
Experience a fun and active outdoor learning adventure! This is a great family trip and a gentle interaction with the outdoors. If you or your kids have always wanted to paddle a kayak or row a raft, this is the trip where you can learn! Experience the pleasures of sleeping under the stars and handling your own boat in this scenic canyon setting. Time will be set aside for those who need to learn camping basics—how to pitch a tent, attend to sanitary needs, etc. The river includes flat water and small rapids and an exciting one (class II-III in high water only).
This popular 26-mile stretch Upper San Juan is famous for geological wonders and interesting side canyon hikes, extensive prehistoric Indian rock art and dwellings. We’ll find mild rapids and wonderful scenic floats along ever changing dramatic canyon walls. Our guides offer nature games for kids, history, and geology topics for adults. First night orientation (7:30PM) takes place at a motel in Bluff, UT followed by camping under the stars next nights and pleasant, warm dry temperatures. Boating gear provided including inflatable kayaks or “duckies” (months of June through September for duckies.) Bring tent and sleeping gear; rentals from CFI are available. Delicious healthy meals, fresh foods. FOR ACTIVE ADULTS OR FAMILIES, kids 6 years and older.
Call with questions regarding the nature of the activity and comfort. Our licensed guides will gladly man (or woman) the oars if you’d prefer to relax.