Women Wild by Nature River Rafting TripStart a Pre-reservation →
Rafting & Inflatable Kayaking
- Where: Colorado River from Loma (Grand Junction), CO to Cisco, UT includes Westwater Canyon
- When: August 01, 2014 through August 05, 2014
- Number of Days/Nights: 4 Days and 4 Nights - includes 1st night at hotel & orientation
- Group Size: Minimum 6, Maximum 12
- Age Group: Women only 16+
- Deadline for Signup: 14 days prior
- Cost per Person: $800/adult & youth 16 and older plus $20 BLM special area fees
- Deposit: $300 Non-refundable deposit applies to total due
- Women Only – Bring your friends, mothers, daughters, etc !
- Trip begins and ends in Grand Junction, CO
- Click here to read our cancellation policy.
Women, whitewater, wisdom and wonder
Join CFI’s Director Karla VanderZanden on this special women-only annual event. After a one-night orientation and hotel stay, enjoy three nights camping and river running on the Colorado River, a designated Conservation Area and proposed Wild & Scenic River. Enjoy mild water and scenic floating the first few days in Ruby and Horsethief Canyons; we have a chance to try out the inflatable kayaks for those who choose. We may see Bald Eagles, Otters and Big Horn Sheep. We take short hikes to see rock features and learn about history, plants and wildlife. The last night we camp in the stunning Westwater Canyon with dramatic black rock schist set against towering red sandstone cliffs. We thrill to rafting Class III rapids the last morning.
CFI women’s trips provide a time and place for deepening connections to the wild and trying out new skills. You will have the opportunity to be physical, relax, and play outdoors! Women of all ages and backgrounds enjoy this trip; youth 16 and older are welcome too… it can be a memorable time with mom, grandmother or that special “aunt” or mentor. Our group will be congenial and small, limited to 12, plus guides. We often have a nice mix of loyal returnees and first timers.
We share readings from Ellen Meloy, Ann Zwinger, Terry Tempest Williams, and others who write creatively and passionately about the canyon country. Join us in optional morning stretching and greeting the day. We will consider “reciprocity” — ways of giving back to Mother Earth and restoring beauty and balance in our everyday lives. We provide all boating gear including row rafts that are 14-18ft. long and a few, very stable, inflatable kayaks, affectionately known as duckies.
Cofounder and Director, Karla VanderZanden who has 40 years experience as outdoor leader, river guide and naturalist. Prior to starting CFI in 1984, she worked at Westwater as a River Ranger and in Colorado and Oregon as an outdoor educator.