- Position status: Now Hiring
Live and work at our Professor Valley Field Camp (“PVFC”), providing healthy and nutritious meals for our students and staff during our 2019 field season. Be a part of CFI’s mission to provide quality outdoor education on the Colorado Plateau, to inspire care of wild places and renew the human spirit.
PVFC is a rustic high desert field camp, where we provide high quality outdoor/experiential education for student groups on multi-day programs. The Camp Cook will act as the primary/head cook during these programs. The kitchen is outdoor-style, similar to a river outfitting kitchen, but with running water. Work with established menus and meal plans. Students at the camp are primarily middle-school aged, but we also host elementary to college age groups, as well as adult retreats and programs.
Other duties/responsibilities/opportunities of the job may include: shopping and packing food for programs (working with the Food Service Manager), developing & improving menus and meals, light maintenance and service work around the facility, working with and assisting Instructor/Guides on educational programs, assisting with student service work, and driving shuttles. You may also have a chance to work on one or more river trips, and/or other land-based program.
Meals are provided during programming (approximately 5 days a week). A personal vehicle is not required for job duties, but it is heavily suggested that applicant has adequate transportation for non-work related times. Pets and smoking are not allowed on site.
Pay $12-$15/hour, dependent on experience and if qualified to drive for CFI. Pay is hourly with 40 hours weeks typical. Most programs run Monday-Friday. Weeks of employment are April through early June and/or September through October.
- Must have previous commercial food service experience.
- Must have (or obtain) a current, state authorized, Food Handler’s Certification.
- Must have an employment history demonstrating flexibility, good communication, and teamwork skills.
- Must be a non-smoker (note also that alcohol consumption is not allowed when youth groups are on site.)
- Prefer previous experience with outfitting, and camp operations.
- Strongly prefer previous work experience with teens and children.
- 21 years of age from start date.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the US (social security number, work visa, etc.)
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO START DATE:
- Basic First Aid & CPR certification – current, or obtain on line prior to hire.
- Driver’s License – valid and current.
- Motor Vehicle Report (“MVR”) – must show a “clean” driving record, with no major moving violations within the last three years
- A DOT medical exam may be required if you are hired to drive for CFI.
- Note that you will also be required to submit fingerprints to be used for a background check.
Applicants should visit the CFI website (www.cfimoab.org) to see “who we are & what we do”, our mission statement, and images of the facility and our programs.
TO APPLY – please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Cover letter
- Resume or list of experience
- Three references (include name, email, phone). Note that at least two should be employment related.
- A copy of your driver’s license
- Copies of any related certifications & licenses you have (MVR, Food Hander’s, First Aid, etc.)
- Declare any felony convictions
PLEASE NOTE: Eligible candidates will be contacted for interviews after January 1, 2019.
CFI is an equal opportunity employer.