Camp Host / Caretaker
- Position status: Now Hiring
- Type: Seasonal
- Pay: $150 week stipend, 20-30 hours week with RV/RV camp spot with hookups provided.
Live and work at our Professor Valley Field Camp (“PVFC”), as a Camp Host. Be a part of CFI’s mission to provide quality outdoor education on the Colorado Plateau, to inspire care of wild places and renew the human spirit.
Camp Host is a volunteer position with living stipend. Our Host takes care of our 40 acre site and supports site operations when our school outdoor education programs when in session spring and fall (6-8 weeks.) Duties include security, grounds work, caring for native revegetation areas, cleaning, light repair. Additional paid work may be available driving a few shuttles or serving as head cook if qualified. The site is mostly surrounded by public land with grand views, hiking and solitude when programs not in session.
PVFC is a rustic high desert field camp, where we provide high quality outdoor/experiential education for student groups on multi-day programs. Students at the camp are primarily middle-school aged, but we also host elementary to college age groups, as well as adult retreats and programs.
The job is for 20- 30 hours/week during spring and fall.
Housing at the facility will be provided, as part of the compensation package, in the form of an RV/camper with full water/sewer/electrical hookups. You can alternatively bring your own RV and we will relocate ours. Note that the camp is located in a semi-remote area, cell phone coverage is minimal, and there is no internet service. We request no pets, and this is a strictly non smoking location.
NOTE that this position is open to either an individual OR a couple. One stipend only. There may be additional work in cooking or shuttle driving if qualified.
Considered a volunteer position with living stipend of $150.00 week paid twice a month. Hosting begins in late March and runs through October, summer 4-8 weeks closure.
- Manual labor experience and skills.
- Must have an employment history demonstrating flexibility, good communication, and teamwork skills.
- Must be a non-smoker (note also that alcohol consumption is not allowed when youth groups are on site).
- Prefer previous experience with outfitting, and camp operations.
- Prefer basic first aid/cpr or obtain (online course qualifies.)
- Pass background check to work with children.
- 21 years of age from start date.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the US (social security number, work visa, etc.)
- Driver’s License – valid and current
- FOR OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL shuttle driver work Motor Vehicle Report (“MVR”) – must show a “clean” driving record, with no major moving violations within the last three years. DOT Medical exam current. FOR OPTIONAL HEAD COOK work, experience cooking for groups in outfitting setting; Food Handlers certification current. Hourly pay DOE.
Applicants should visit the CFI website (www.cfimoab.org) to see “who we are & what we do”, our mission statement, and images of the facility and our programs.
TO APPLY – please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Short letter stating experience and why you wish to serve as a Camp Host
- (resume optional)
- Three references (include name, email, phone). Note that at least two should be employment related.
- Copies of any related certifications & licenses you have (Driver license, First Aid, etc.)
- Declare any felony convictions
CFI is an equal opportunity employer.