Summer Teen Guide Training
- Position status: Now Hiring
- Pay: 100 per camp
- Note: For teens entering 10th-12th grades
Canyonland Field Institute’s Guide in training program is designed for high school students interested in outdoor education and guiding. As a GIT, you can develop your skills in leadership, communication and group management. Under the guidance of an experienced educator, guides in training might lead activities, hikes, or aspects of a CFI summer camp.
Guides in Training can list this job on their resume, receive letters of recommendation for college, or other jobs, as well as list their mentor as a reference. GITs are paid $100 upon completion of a session of summer camp, and may apply for as many sessions as they want to.
- Advanced leadership and group management skills
- Outdoor education skills
- Resume and marketable skills building
- Public speaking skills
- Positive growth in teamwork and communication
- Heightened risk management and safety skills