Fundraising Tips for Teachers
It can be daunting to try to find a trip that fits your budget. Thanks to generous member support, we are able to subsidize our student experiences and provide Scholarships. Take advantage of these opportunities if they apply to you. If you still need additional funding, here are some resources that have helped past program participants.
- SYTA Youth Foundation Road Scholarship This scholarship is generally for individuals who cannot afford to pay for a school field trip. Funds can be used to fund entire trips up to $1,000.
- Toshiba America Foundation. Toshiba offers a few teacher specific opportunities
- Edutopia's grant and resource center is also a good place to start a grant application process.
- Soliciting local businesses is a great way to create connection within your community.
- Classic fundraisers are always an option! CFI students have raised money through firewood sales, bake sales, school dances etc...
Grant Opportunity for Utah Schools for Spring 2022:
This opportunity is provided by the Utah STEM Action Center
Grants of up to $1,500 to Utah public school educators and administrators to provide quality learning experiences in the STEM fields. Funds may be used for equipment, project materials, admission fees, or field trip travel. Funding is intended for creative and innovative classroom projects. This grant can also be used by educators to help with school-sponsored after-school programs.
Projects should focus on classroom-level instruction that is unique to the needs of the students. This grant seeks proposals that are unique and based on individual classroom needs
PreK-12 educators and administrators at public schools in the state of Utah may apply for this grant.
This grant seeks proposals that are unique and based on individual classroom needs. If an application is submitted that has been copied and pasted or is similar/identical to another grant proposal, both proposals will be declined for consideration of funding.
Private entities are not eligible for the Classroom Grant.
Funding is not available for:
- Technology or other products used solely by the educator (laptop, iPad, smart board, etc.)
- Activities that take place outside of Utah
- Teacher professional development/training
- Salaries or stipends for educators or support staff
- Student competition expenses
- Food and apparel
- Literature (unless as part of an integrated STEM activity)
Pre-Application information and timeline:
- Application opens for submissions: August 1, 2021
- Applications are due: September 30, 2021
- Applicants notified of outcome: October 25, 2021
- Signed agreement, invoice, and W-9 uploaded: No later than December 31, 2021
- Receipts uploaded: No later than May 15, 2022
- Follow-up report due: No later than May 15, 2022
Applicants and grant recipients must attend to all deadlines. No late applications or paperwork will be accepted.
Classroom Grant applicants may apply for one classroom grant in 2021-2022 school year.
Sample lesson plans: https://stem.utah.gov/
Application video recording: https://drive.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/
Ready to Apply? https://
Direct questions to:
Collaboration & Program Development Manager
Utah STEM Action Center
3848 S. West Temple, Suite 105
South Salt Lake City, UT 84115
We can help! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for advice on how to approach the process.