Imagine a world where the people, plants, wildlife, and waters are thriving.
CFI is committed to helping youth experience the benefits of outdoor learning. We believe in creating future advocates through unplugged, genuine, connection to nature.
Your support is essential to providing these opportunities.
Membership levels are named after prominent features in Canyon Country.
$30 per year
All Member Benefits
$100 per year
All Member Benefits
A CFI Hat
$150 per year
$5 per month
All Member Benefits
Crypto Club Shirt
If you are within six weeks of your annual renewal date or if your membership has lapsed, any gift you make of $30 or more will be processed as a membership renewal.
Become a member
Member benefits include:
- A 5% discount on all CFI trips
- CFI merchandise at 15% discount
- Invitations to member events
- CFI member sticker
- Invitation +1 to our annual member picnic
- Access to CFI library
- Advance notice on program enrollment
Join the Plateau Society
Plateau Society benefits include:
- All member benefits
- Invitation and +1 to member events
- A traditional CFI Quote Book
- 2 shirts or 2 hats
- 2 CFI member stickers
Why give to CFI?
Your support today ensures a sustainable future for CFI with vital funds to get kids outside.
Where does your support go?
- Critical Underwriting. Tuition and fees for children's programs cover only 65 to 75 percent of our operating costs. Your support ensures that impactful outdoor experiences remain accessible for everyone excited to be outside.
- Professional Development. Our Apprenticeship is an opportunity for young professionals interested in outdoor education to develop their educational and technical skills. Past apprentices have moved on to become nonprofit administrators, educators, technically skilled guides, artists, activists, and lifelong lovers of the Colorado Plateau.
- Valuable Community Partnerships. We are dedicated to positively impacting the Moab community through partnerships with local organizations like the Youth Garden Project, The Moab Valley Multicultural Center, BEACON Afterschool Programs, the Grand County School District, the Moab BLM, and the Manti La Sal National Forest Service.
- Community Stewardship. Help us provide more opportunities for volunteers to make positive impacts in our community.
- Equity in the Outdoors. CFI is a member of the America Outdoors DEI Taskforce, as well as the In Solidarity Project. We believe that every human deserves equitable access to natural resources and outdoor treasures.
- Generating Love. For over 35 years, CFI has created emotional connections between people and place.
Other Ways to Give
What is the Legacy Circle?
Canyonlands Field Institute’s Legacy Circle is a network of supporters who have made a lasting commitment to environmental education by making a life-income gift or by naming Canyonlands Field Institute as a beneficiary in their estate plans.
All unrestricted charitable gifts to CFI are used to further its mission through outdoor education. If you would like to make a gift designated to a specific purpose, please contact us first to ensure that we can meet your wishes.
What are my options?
Canyonlands Field Institute is a tax exempt 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. As such, it is a qualified charity, and your life-income gifts are exempt from all federal gift tax limits. There may also be tax benefits to your Estate when you name Canyonlands Field Institute as a beneficiary.
Consult your professional advisor for more information about planned giving options, some of which may include:
Specific Bequest: A specific amount of money – or other asset – you wish to leave CFI.
Residuary Bequest: This type of bequest is honored after all other bequests have been made, and all debts, expenses, and taxes have been paid.
Contingent Bequest: This type of bequest is fulfilled if certain conditions are met. For example, if your primary beneficiary does not survive you, you can indicate your next choice through a contingent designation.
In consultation with your professional advisor, you may make these bequests by updating your will or trust, or simply by naming Canyonlands Field Institute as a beneficiary (primary or contingency) on your cash and savings accounts, brokerage and stock accounts, annuities, retirement plans and life insurance policies.
How do I become a Legacy Circle Member?
Consult with your professional advisor and request that Canyonlands Field Institute be included as a beneficiary in your estate plan.
For purposes of beneficiary designations, please use the following information:
Canyonlands Field Institute; PO Box 68, Moab UT 84532; EIN 87-0418027
Complete the Declaration of Bequest Intention form and return it to CFI.
If you have any questions about including CFI in your will
• Call (435) 259-7750
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We also accept gifts in the form of stock. Contact email@example.com for more info on donating shares of stock to CFI.
Donating on behalf of a loved one is an excellent way to honor that person and support something they care about. Consider donating to CFI on behalf of someone in your life who was a true advocate for children in the outdoors.
Are you a City Market shopper? CFI is enrolled in the City Market Rewards program! Register your City Market Value Card and support Canyonlands Field Institute every time you shop!
Use your profits for purpose.
Your sponsorship is directed toward our youth outdoor education programming. Your business could be a community leader by supporting your local school population, or by providing funding to bring kids outside from all over the country.
CFI’s youth programming impacts future consumers, employees, and leaders.
In return for your financial support your company is promoted throughout the year. We want to engage you within our mission while helping you achieve your philanthropic goals.
We look forward to partnering, and could not do this work without your generous sponsorship.
Volunteers play an important role in the continuing success of CFI. If you have some time to give, work with us to get more kids outside. We can always use the help in the office or in the field.
Support our Annual Fund by becoming a member
Help us continue to provide a quality, inclusive, outdoor space for kids.
Your donations are targeted to support:
- Subsidizing outdoor programming for 100% of CFI students.
- Professor Valley Field Camp
- Accessible outdoor classroom spaces
- Revegetation and permaculture landscaping
- The Apprentice Guide Fund