30 acres of desert wilderness
ready for your group's adventure.
Welcome to Professor Valley Field Camp! Surrounded by BLM land, this breathtaking setting is just 20 miles from Moab and Arches National Park. On the banks of Professor Creek and only minutes from the Colorado River, this unique camp is situated in the shadows of the La Sal Mountains, Fisher Towers, and Cathedral Mesa.
Professor Valley Field Camp is an ideal location for spring and fall field studies. It is home to our Professor Valley Field Camp School Program, and can be rented for workshops, retreats, family reunions, or other programs.
An unforgettable adventure awaits for you and your group here at PVFC!
Facility and Amenities
Professor Valley Field Camp is a semi-remote site with the following amenities:
- A full-sized commercial camp kitchen
- Running potable water
- Flush toilets
- Lakota-style tipis with cots for sleeping.
- A climate controlled yurt for indoor space
- A large campfire circle
- Plenty of space to explore, relax, and breathe deeply
- Some of the USA's darkest skies
CFI Staff Provides
Depending on the program, CFI staff provides services at Professor Valley Field Camp:
- School Programs come with all meals and snacks provided and cooked by CFI staff.
- Retreat Programs have the option to have meals provided, or cook their own meals in our camp kitchen.
- All Programs come with an educational program provided by a CFI naturalist.