Summer Guide-in-Training Program Highlights: Learn about the Colorado Plateau, be adventurous and active, gain job experience, and build your resume!
Be a Summer Guide-in-Training for CFI’s Explorer Base Camp and Youth River Skills Camp. The position is designed for teens who want to practice leadership skills and gain job experience. Earn a stipend of $100/week to join CFI Guides as we lead kids in 5th - 8th grades through outdoor education programs. Apply today using the application below.
The Guide In Training will learn and practice:
- Leadership, risk management, and decision making skills
- Outdoor education techniques
- Mountain and desert ecology and natural history
- Basic trip logistics
- Camping and outdoor skills
- Explorer Base Camp I - July 6 - 10
- Explorer Base Camp II - July 13 - 17
- Youth River Skills - August 3 - 5
Teens must be entering 10th-12th grades. Teens may apply for any number of programs in which they are available to participate.