Escape the summer heat in the La Sal mountains to explore, learn, create, and camp!
Explorer Base Camp is an overnight experience for rising 5th through 8th graders. In the heat of the summer, we will retreat to Warner Lake campground up in the Manti La Sal National forest. Campers will spend their days hiking, fishing, learning camp crafts and skills, and developing new friendships in an unplugged environment. Your child will develop a closer relationship with nature through fun and engaging activities that promote sense of place, relationship building, and a desire to explore.
- Camp Cooking
- Arts and Crafts
- Camp skills and games
- And more!
- Growth in self-management
- Increased communication and teamwork skills
- Confidence building
- Increased camping and outdoor skills
- Positive growth in group awareness
- Heightened risk management and safety skills
La Sal Mountains, Warner Lake Campground.
1:30pm on Monday and 1:30pm on Friday
5 days and 4 nights
Rising 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th graders
$325, or $225 for Grand County residents
- Your child could qualify for a scholarship. Check out our summer camp Scholarship Application.