Water is K'é: A summer camp for Native Teens
Join the Canyonlands Field Institute in an immersive 4 day outdoor education experience in Moab, UT, through the Native Community Science Program. This is an indigenous centered program for students who are interested in exploring alongside guides – Indigenous scientists, building community, learning regional water issues and local geology.
- Whitewater Rafting on the Colorado River
- A day exploring Arches National Park
- Engaging hands-on science activities
- Traditional Navajo teachings about water
- Camping outside at Professor Valley Field Camp
- All meals, tents, sleeping bags & pads included.
Indigenous Guides and Scientists
This program was created by indigenous scientists and educators specifically for indigenous youth. The inclusive learning programs include hand-on team building, cross cultural history, STEM activities, cooking, and games. This program is tech-free and promotes connection to nature, place, others, and self.