An immersive river trip down the San Juan River!
Native Teen Guide-in-Training is designed for Indigenous students entering 8th – 12th grades interested in building community, and developing leadership and whitewater rafting skills. The camp is open to teens interested in learning technical skills, developing public speaking, and improving leadership and teambuilding skills.
Under the guidance of professional Native guides, spend time unplugging, and connecting with peers while working together to navigate the river. This program provides marketable leadership and resume building experience while providing a fun way to connect with nature.
The NTGIT program is made possible through underwriting from the Val A. Browning Foundation and costs $50 for the entire program.
- River safety and whitewater boating
- Camp cooking
- Basic first aid and rescue techniques
- Technical skills education
- Games and free time
- Advanced leadership and group management skills
- Confidence building
- Resume and marketable skills building
- Increased self-management skills
- Positive growth in teamwork and communication
- Heightened risk management and safety skills
Bluff and the San Juan River
2022 dates, TBD
6 days and 5 nights
13 through 18 years old