Youth River Skills Camp
This is a whitewater rafting summer camp for middle schoolers. The Youth River Skills Camp is designed to inspire the next generation of river runners! This program is for rising 7th through 9th graders interested in learning whitewater rafting skills, developing their communication and teamwork skills, and connecting with other kids their age in a fun camp setting. The trip lasts 3 days and 2 nights along the Colorado River.
A grab-bag of adventure
Your camper will be introduced to river ecology, river dynamics, equipment rigging, and safety and risk management concepts. The valuable skills learned during this course will offer the experience needed for future river trips, outdoor leadership, or guide employment. This stretch of river has some whitewater rapids, and offers a chance to test new skills in a fun, manageable way. Let’s get out on the water and have some fun!
No previous experience is necessary!
- Whitewater Rafting
- Camp cooking
- Technical skills building
- Naturalist education
- Introductory first aid and safety education
- Games and free time
- Increased leadership skills
- Increased self-management skills
- Confidence building
- Resume and experience building
- Positive growth in group awareness
- Heightened risk management and safety skills
The Colorado River; The Moab Daily Section
July 21, 2023 through July 23, 2023
8:30 am on day 1 and 4:30pm on day 3
3 days and 2 nights
Rising 7th, 8th, and 9th graders or ages 12 - 15
$450, or $295 for Grand and San Juan County residents
- If you live in Grand County, Spanish Valley, or La Sal your child could qualify for a scholarship. Check out our summer camp Scholarship Application.
- A $50 deposit is required to reserve a spot.